We take great pride in the accomplishments of our faculty and graduate students. Here are the responses to our call for news and noteworthy events from the past semester:
Dr. Sonalde Desai and Dr. Gheda Temsah published an article in Demography: Desai, Sonalde, and Gheda Temsah. 2014. “Muslim and Hindu Women’s Public and Private Behaviors: Gender, Family, and Communalized Politics in India.” Demography 51(6):2307-2332.
Dr. George Ritzer writes that he:
- Participated with an architect and a musician on a one-hour radio program on BBC World Service’s Forum program on “uniformity”
- The 8th edition of the McDonaldization of Society has just been published with a 2015 pub date
- Published two articles on prosumption (Sociological Forum, Journal of Consumer Culture) with another major piece on prosumer capitalism forthcoming in Sociological Quarterly in 2015 (along with responses from five international scholars)
- Gave a featured public lecture at the “Futura Festival” Civitanova Marche, Italy, July, 31, 2014
- Gave the keynote address at the Academy of International Hospitality Research Conference, Stenden University, Netherlands, November 26, 2014