Our graduate students do some fascinating work, and this year that work has earned them some incredible recognition. We’d like to recognize them here as well. Check out how much great work our grad students are doing after the jump. Keep up the good work, grads!
- Kendra Barber received the 2013 University of Maryland’s College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (BSOS) Teaching Excellence Award.
- Molly Clever is receiving the Elise Boulding Award for Best Graduate Student Paper by the Peace, War and Social Conflict Session at the 2013 ASA Annual Meeting in New York, NY.
- Kathleen Denny was awarded the Graduate Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Valerie Chepp and Kathleen Denny were awarded the Wylie Dissertation Fellowship for 2013
- Mark Gross was awarded the Graduate School’s International Graduate Research Fellowship
- Tuesday Barnes and Moriah Willow were awarded the 2013-14 McNair Graduate Fellowship
- Gheda Temsah received the Robert W. Janes Commemorative Award in spring 2013
- Scott Albrecht received the Milton Dean Havron Social Science Award
Keep an eye on the UMd Sociology Department website for future awards and accolades!